Duration: 5 days 8am - 5pm.
Cost: $1500.00 (Possible funding available)
Course overview in brief:
The tractor is an essential piece of machinery for so many farmers and operating it safely and efficiently is absolutely vital. Whether you're an experienced hand, or just starting out, our instructors will steer you through the entire tractor-driving process. This course is similar to our Machine Operator course although more focus on farm-spec tractors and implements, including feed Out wagons, bale feeders, single mowers and front-end loaders.
This is an integrated training and assessment course. You will receive a certificate of training once it is complete. We will guide you through the theory behind tractor driving, with sessions on key health and safety issues. You will also receive plenty of hands-on experience behind the wheel. In the field using tractors and machinery. Basic operations and maneuvering will be covered, as will using attachments, trailers, and the power take-off (PTO) shaft.
- Health and safety legislation
- Tractor Usage on the farm
- Controls and pre-start checks
- Operating the tractor
- Mounted implements and trailed machines
- Tractor mounted front-end loader.
- Perform a risk assessment
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checksStart and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaftCarry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader