Tractor Operation 2-Day
Industry Training Micro-Credential: Operate a Tractor in the Primary Industry.
Duration: 2 Days Theory (8am-5pm) 1 Day assessment within 3 months of the course date.
Overview in brief:
The tractor is an essential piece of machinery for so many businesses and operating it safely and efficiently is vital.
Whether you are an experienced hand, or just starting out, our instructors will steer you through the entire tractor-driving process.
Unit standards covered:
19044-Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements and hazards associated with tractor use
31914-Attach and detach a power take off driven 3-point linkage mounted implement to a basic tractor under limited supervision
31913-Operate a basic tractor on flat terrain under close supervision
24538-Demonstrate knowledge of tractor stability and the dynamics of tractors and attached implements
24539-Maintain and use a power take off driven implement attached to a tractor under limited supervision
- Health and safety legislation.
- NZ road rules & regulations.
- Risk assessments.
- Hazard and control measures.
- Reporting and/or recording accidents or near misses.
- Identify legal requirements for tractor use.
- Perform pre-start check.
- Basic operations and maneuvering of the tractor.
- Safe practice in using attachments, trailers, and the PTO.
- Basic operations using Tractor mounted front-end loader.
- General maintenance on machines
- Attach and detach a 3-point mounted power take off driven implement.
- Operate a tractor on flat terrain.
- Describe factors that affect tractor stability and dynamics of a tractor with attached implements.
- Operate a tractor power take off driven implement.